Monday, May 9, 2011

Nico Nico - May 8, 2011 MIXED CLASS

Nico Nico - May 8, 2011
MIXED
ugly < hideous
It suits you.
It looks good on you.
It's you.
That’s you.
It's soooo you!
That’s really you!
That shirt suits the season!

SLANG ALERT!
hinky = strange, not normal
I didn't find anything hinky.


1. 十八番
What are you good at?
What’s your specialty?
My specialty is....
What’s your forte?
My forte is...
I make a mean lasagna.
I make a wicked lasagna.
He plays a mean harmonica.

2. I thought I was going to die.
My life ~ before my eyes!
flashed

3. 虫がいい
to take st for granted
I think she takes it for granted that I will help her.
take st for granted
I take safety for granted.
We take our freedom for granted.
You're asking too much.

4. ほらをふく
to exaggerate
to brag
to be full of hot air
to be full of shit
He is full of hot air.
He is full of shit.
You're all talk.
He has a big mouth.= Someone who tells secrets.
He has a big mouth.= Someone who brags a lot.
He talks big.
He’s bluffing.
A: He has a big mouth.= Someone who brags a lot.
Boss: I think you’re bluffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment