Friday, March 16, 2012

(会員) 3月16日 - Easy & useful English! - 初級


(会員) 3月16日 - Easy & useful English! - 初級







March 16, 2012
Today & Easy Sentences
It's frustrating.
1. meet
I met Joe after class.
Nice to meet you!
I can't meet my house payments.
meet + payment/obligation/responsibility
I have trouble meeting my responsibilities as a parent.
She met my expectations.
期待 an expectation

2. make
I made a cake.
I made a mistake.
Can you make it?
I made it!= I survived! I succeeded!

3. business
I'm in the computer business.
My company does business with Iran.
That's none of your business.
Let's get down to business.

4. employ 雇う
an employer
an employee
employment
unemployment
unemployment rate = 失業率
employ a method = ある方法を使う

5. service
We provide a service.
I need to get my car serviced.
X It is service. = It is free.
It's free. = It's on the house. (restaurant/bar/store)
I'll take care of this. =Let me get this.=It's on me.=I'll treat you. = My treat.=I'll shout you.(Australian)
I'll get this one. You get the next one.
It's complimentary.
The hotel gave us complimentary drink tickets for the bar.
Peanuts are complimentary.

6. like
I like cake.
~ look like NOUN.
X You look a model.
~ look like NOUN. .... You look like a model.
You don't look like a doctor.
You don't look like a mother.
You look like a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment