Monday, March 26, 2012

(会員) 3月26日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級

(会員) 3月26日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級
TOEIC "LEVEL UP"
Actually the expression "level-up" is not natural.

I want to improve my English.
I want to take my English to the next level.

Let's review.
1. He decorated the room.
= He ~ the room.

2. He is not a child.
= He is an ~.

3. I'm not a professional.
= I'm an ~.

4. It's a really old watch.
= It's an ~.

5. I'm more than shocked.
= I'm ~.

6. I can't hear it. =
It is not ~.

7. A big flag advertising a company is a ~.

8. This coffee is made from two
different coffees. It is a ~.

9. That thick wire is for our TV. We call it a ~.

10. Tokyo is Japan's ~.

11. I am a ~ teacher. This is my life job.

12. She held the baby tightly.
= She ~ the baby to her chest.

13. My brother and I always ~ with one another. We are always trying to beat each other.
competitive
14. I don't understand. = I am ~.
---------------------------------
OK! Let's learn some new words!
---------------------------------
15. He is cornered. That means he is ~:
a) tired
b) trapped
c) broke

16. He is sneaky. = He is ~.

17. If you crush something until it has many wrinkles then you ~ it up.

18. I really really hate you!
= I ~ you!

19. It's a small machine. = It's a ~.

20. He delivers newspapers.
= He ~ newspapers.

21. Japanese people say ダース.
In English we say ~.

22. You should try do things quickly and well and not waste time.= You should try to be ~.

23. It is so painful.
= I cannot ~ this pain.

24. How much does it cost to go in?
= What's the ~ fee?

25. Your ring is VERY beautiful!
= Your ring is ~.

26. She blinked quickly at me.
= Her eyes ~.

27. The company went out of business.
= The company ~.

28. That's not allowed!
= It's ~!

---------------------------------
Answers:
1. adorned
2. adult
3. amateur
4. antique
5. astound
6. audible
7. banner
8. blend
9. cable
10. capital
11. career
12. clutch
13. compete
14. confuse
---------------
15. corner
16. crafty
17. crumple
18. despise
19. device
20. distribute
21. dozen
22. efficient
23. endure (take, bear, stand)
24. entrance
25. exquisite
26. fluttered
27. folded
28. forbidden / prohibited
-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment