Friday, March 23, 2012

(会員) 3月23日 Sop​histicated Coo​l English for ​Everyday Situations

(会員) 3月23日 Sop​histicated Coo​l English for ​Everyday Situa​tions
March 23, 2012

1. What's your name?

What do you go by?

2. What time do you get up every day?
No big change.

3. What do you like to do in your free time?
What do you do for kicks around here?
=What do you do for fun around here?
What do you do for kicks?

4. What's your job?
What do you do for a living?
So how do you make ends meet?

5. Are you hungry?
Do you feel like eating?
Do you feel like eating something?

6. How old are you?
NEVER ASK THIS QUESTION!
If you are sure it is safe, "What are you, 25?"

7. Can you drink? Are you a strong drinker?
Can you hold your liquor?

8. How are you?
What's up?
How's it going?
What's going on?
How's it hanging?

9. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Are you seeing anyone?
A LITTLE HEAVY --> Are you in a relationship?

10. I like your car.
Nice ride!
Nice wheels!
(1960s) I dig your car!

11. I'm exhausted! = I'm very tired!
I'm beat!
I'm bushed!
I'm pooped.
I'm dead.

12. It's OK!
No problem.
No worries.
No sweat.

13. It's real. (You can trust it.) It's legit.

14. I used my credit card too much, and now I can't use it.
I maxed out my credit card!

15. I have no money.
I'm broke.
I'm flat broke.
I'm dead broke.
I don't have a penny to my name.

16. He is ugly.
He has a face only a mother could love.

17. He's rich. = He's rolling in green/cash/it.

No comments:

Post a Comment