Tuesday, March 6, 2012

(会員) 3月6日 Native Speaker English! Not in textbooks! MIXED Level!


Watch the video here!
(会員) 3月6日 Native Speaker English! Not in textbooks! MIXED Level! WATCH IT AS YOU STUDY!

March 6, 2012

1. It's easy!
It's a piece of cake.
It's as easy as pie.
It's a breeze.
It's a walk in the park.
It's a cinch!

It's not rocket science.


A: Can you do this?
B: In a walk!

2. to return the favor
You helped me before. And now I want to return the favor.
Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to return the favor someday!
I owe you one.
I'll scratch your back if you scratch my back.
You scratch my back. I'll scratch yours.

3. We're a little short handed now. I need you to pick up the slack.
short-handed = 人手不足 = understaffed
to pick up the slack=ピンと張る、たるみを取る、たるみを引き締める

You're working a little too slow. I need you to pick up the slack.

4. personal touch 人間的な接触、個人の流儀
I like the personal touch.
She added a personal touch.
She added a woman's touch.
This room needs a woman's touch.


5. I'll do it now.
I'm on it.
Done! It's done! Consider it done!


6. It was my fault!
My bad!


7. This is too much for me.
I'm in over my head.
I'm trying to keep my head above water.
The boss threw me in over my head.
I bit off more than I could chew.


8. Sleep is nature's healing balm.

9. I'm a little under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment