Tuesday, May 21, 2013

(会員)2013年5月21日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン 中級ー上級 Sophisticate your vocabulary

(会員)2013年5月21日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン 中級ー上級 Sophisticate your vocabulary 
Nico Lesson - Sophisticate Your Engilsh - May 21, 2013

1. I don't want to bother you.
1. I don't want to bother you, but could you ...
I don't want to disturb you.

2. I'm sorry to bother you.
I'm sorry to impose.

A; Would you like to join me and my wife for dinner?
B: Oh, no. I wouldn't want to impose.

3. 落ち着き、冷静、沈着、平静
composure, poise, aplomb

She lost her composure. = She panicked. She showed strong emotion.
Let me regain my composure.
Why don't you take a minute to regain your composure.

She has great poise.
I was surprised she was able to keep her poise.
She kept her poise. = She stayed calm.

He was able to answer the questions with great aplomb.

4. equanimity     = 落ち着き、平静、沈着
noun
mental or emotional stability or composure, especially under tensionor strain; calmness; equilibrium.
He is blessed with equanimity.
He always displays a remarkable amount of equanimity.

5. cool
He kept his cool. = He kept his composure.
Keep your cool.

He was a cool as a cucumber.

6. I'm on my way! = I'm en route.

7. He has a fake leg. = He has a prosthetic leg.
He has a glass eye.
He has a toupee.

8. That video became VERY popular. = That video went viral!

9. That is terrible. = That is inexcusable.

10. clean = immaculate


11. to procrastinate
Don't procrastinate.
Stop procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment