Monday, May 6, 2013

(会員)2013年5月06日(月曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMixed lesson for Mixed Levels


 (会員)2013年5月06日(月曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMixed lesson for Mixed Levels

rust = さび
rusty = 形容詞
My kanji is a little rusty.
My Spanish is a little rusty.
I need to polish up my Spanish.

△Green tea is good for your body.
△Green tea is good for health.
Green tea is good for your health.
Green tea is good for you.
Green tea is healthy.

X  You have to lose your weight.
O  You have to lose weight.

you have to    you should   you had better    you better
You should = most common
 you better  = USA

O You have to ~  your weight.
O You have to watch your weight.
----------------------
I'm watching my weight.
I'm watching my cholesterol.
Watch your head.
Watch your feet. Watch your step.
Watch your mouth.
------------
What did you do over Golden Week.
What did you do during Golden Week.
------------
I moved into a new place.
I'm moving in a different direction.
I went back to my hometown and met old friends.
I didn't do anything special.
I just stayed home and took it easy.
I just stayed chilled out at home.
I just stayed chilled out in my crib.
I just chillaxed.

I caught up on ....
I caught up on shopping.
I caught up on some reading.
I caught up on some housework.
I caught up on some paperwork.

I put away my winter clothes and took out my summer clothes.

It has been unseasonably cold.
They have had unseasonable weather in Hokkaido.

trip    vs.    travel
X  I'm gonna trip to Hong Kong.
O I'm going to go to Hong Kong.
O I'm going to Hong  Kong.
O I'm going to take a trip to Hong  Kong.
O I'm taking a trip to Hong  Kong.
O I'm going to travel to Hong Kong.

I couldn't help noticing her email.
気づかずにはいられませんでした

to trip =つまずく
He tripped.

He is tripping. = He is high on drugs. (LSD)
LSD is a hallucinogen【名】    幻覚剤
You're crazy. = You're tripping.

I'm going to go hit the sack.
See you all tomorrow night at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment