Tuesday, April 30, 2013

(会員)2013年4月30日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン Mixed! Talking about MONEY & SHOPPING


(会員)2013430日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン Mixed! Talking about MONEY & SHOPPING

1. What is your job?
What do you?
What do you do for a living?
How field are you in?
How do you make ends meet?

2. I work for ~.
I work at ~.
I'm with ~.
I work part time Ving.
I work part-time at ~.
I have a part time job Ving / at ~.

3. 残響
I work overtime twice a week.
I am overworked.
I am overworked and underpaid.

4. Q: How does it pay? / Does it pay well? / Does that pay well?

I can't complain.
It's not too bad.
It pays the bills. = It's enough for me to live.
I wish I made more.
I wouldn't mind making more.
I could use a raise.

5. I am saving money to buy a car.
I'm saving ~ to buy a car.

I'm saving up to buy a car.
I'm saving up for a trip to Las Vegas.

to save up for / to save up to

6. I am 給料の一部をevery month 貯えています.
I am setting aside part of my salary every month. 

to set aside st 

7. I bought this on sale.
I can't resist a sale.
I'm a sucker for a sale.

8. I get an employee discount.
I'm a member so I get a discount.
It was discounted so I bought it.
They'll give you a 10% discount if you pay cash.

9. It's highway robber!
It's out of my budget.
It's too expensive for me. 
It's what you would expect to pay.
It was reasonably priced.
It was moderatly priced.
I was fairly inexpensive.
I was inexpensive.
It was a bargain.
It was cheap.
It was dirt cheap.

10. I negotiated the price down.
I haggled the price down.
I asked him for a discount.
I asked him to give me a break on the price.
I asked him to knock a little off the price.
He knocked $20 off the price.








No comments:

Post a Comment