Saturday, April 6, 2013

(会員)2013年3月21日(木)23:00 英会話ライブレッスン(初級)前置詞


(会員)2013年3月21日(木)23:00 英会話ライブレッスン(初級)前置詞     


It is unseasonably cold tonight.


Prespositions
1. Long time no see! I haven't seen you ~ a long time.
1. Long time no see! I haven't seen you in/for a long time.


2. Dinner is in 2 hours. = Dinner is not ~ another 2 hours.

3. I worked all day and all night. = I worked ~ the clock.
I worked all day and all night. = I worked around the clock.

4. I almost never do that. = I do that once ~ a blue moon.
I almost never do that. = I do that once in a blue moon. 

5. Let's go ~ a walk.
Let's go for a walk.
Let's go take a walk.

Let's go for a walk/swim/jog/run/hike.
Let's take a walk/swim/jog/run/hike.

6. I saw that movei ~ TV.
    I saw that movei on TV.
on + machine

7. I went to + place.
I went to Tokyo.

I went abroad/overseas.
I went home.
I went to his home.
I went to her home.
I went there.

8. I sat ~ the chair.
I sat in the chair.

9. Get ~ bed and go ~ sleep.
Get in bed, and go to sleep.

10. I have to go ~ the restroom.
I have to go to the restroom.

11. He lives ~ the island.
He lives on the island.


12. He lives ~ Hawaii.
He lives in Hawaii.

13. I like everything ~ umeboshi.
I like everything except umeboshi.


14. What do you do ~ work?
14. What do you do besides work?
---------------------
15. (USA) She got up on the horse.
(UK) She got on the horse.

16. He grew up ~ a farm. 
   He grew up on a farm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment