Saturday, April 6, 2013

(公開)2013年4月4日(木曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン Mixed levels - health vocabulary


(公開)2013年4月4日(木曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン Mixed levels - health vocabulary     

Long time no see!
Hello, stranger!

nasally
鼻声 nasal

I have a nasally voice.

1. How are you feeling?

2. Are you feeling better?


3. I caught a cold.  
I caught cold. (old fashioned)


4. I have a cold. 

5. I'm getting over my cold. 

6. I can't seem to shake my cold.

7. I'm still alive and kicking.

8. You look really sick. You look as pale as a ghost.

9. He is going to die soon. = He is at death's door.

10. I'm really sick. = I'm as sick as a dog.
Dogs vomit a lot. 
吐く to vomit = to throw up = to puke

11. You should eat good food. You should not eat junk food.
= You are what you eat.
junk food = ジャンクフード

12. My nose is stuffed.
       My nose is stuffed up.

13. My nose is running.
I have a runny nose.

14. I have a slight fever.
 I have a fever.
      I am running a fever.

15. I have a headache.
My head hurts.
My head is pounding.
I have a migraine.

16. My stomach hurts. I have a stomachache. 
I have diarrhea. 下痢 
I am constipated. 便秘

17. だるい 
I feel weak. I have no energy.
I feel sluggish. 

18, Proverb: An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

19. I have a bloody nose.

20. I was sick this week, but I'm almost back on my feet again.
He's back on his feet. = He's healthy again.

It's time to hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment