Saturday, April 6, 2013

(会員)2013年3月25日(月)22:30 英会話ライブレッスン(Mixed) Must know vocabulary


(会員)2013年3月25日(月)22:30 英会話ライブレッスン(Mixed) Must know vocabulary      
NO VIDEO FOR THIS LESSON. Sorry!

1.  I bought this hat at Uniqlo., I got this hat at Uniqlo., I picked up this hat at Uniqlo.
2. I like your hat., That hat looks good on you., You look good in that hat., That hat is you
-----------------
3. friendly:
nice
Not so common: kind, gentle
This computer is user friendly.  = easy to use
4. badly. a) not good, Ex: He plays piano badly. 
b) very much, I miss you badly. 
I badly need to buy a new car.
You badly need to lose weight. 
A: I always wanted to play the piano badly.
B: You do. 
--------------------
5. wise = a) 賢い、博学の、博識な、賢そうな
~の場合 = ~wise
Looks wise, he is handsome, but he is not very smart.
A: How is your new job?
B: Time wise it's good, but money wise it's so-so. 
clockwise 【形・副】      時計[右]回りの[に・へ]
counterclockwise 〈米〉反時計[左]回りの[に・へ]
wise = manner, position, direction, reference
6. I like all vegetables ~ onions. 
I like all vegetables except onions. 
What else do you do, ~ work? 
~ you, her English is the best.
Not counting you, her English is the best.
7. challenge 
challenge = to invite someone to fight you 
I challenge you to a game of tennis. 
I challenge you to find my mistake. 
I challenge you to find a better cheese cake. 

challenging = interesting but difficult
His job is very challenging. 



No comments:

Post a Comment