Friday, June 14, 2013

木曜日11pm-会員生放送レッスン - By request - MORE phrasal verbs 熟語

June 13, 2013
木曜日11pm-会員生放送レッスン - By request - MORE phrasal verbs 熟語
It's humid.  It's muggy. There's a lot of humidity. 

It was a sultry night. 

There was a sultry breeze.

She is a sultry woman.

Phrasal Verbs
1. Brian ~  Susan ~ to dinner and a movie.
asked / out 
Brian asked Susan out on a date.

Brian asked Joe if he wanted to go for a beer.

2. I ~ you ~ over your decision to quit your job.
back / up 

2. I back you up over your decision to quit your job.

I need you to back me up on this. 

3. to explode
The bomb exploded.  --> The bomb ~ ~.

4. The car ~ ~. 
The car broke down.

She broke down and started down.
(She lost her ability to control her feelings and started crying.)

The BBQ was ~ ~ due to rain.
The BBQ was called off due to rain.

5. I need to go upstairs and ~ ~ the baby.
I need to go upstairs and check on the baby.
to go and see if someone is OK.

6, Hey! ~ ~ that beautiful girl! Wow!
Hey! Check out that beautiful girl! Wow!

7. I can rely on. = I can count on you. = I can depend on you.

8. He ~ ~ front of me in line. 
He cut in front of me in line. 

9. He kept ~ into the conversation.
He kept cutting into the conversation.

10. I was trying to speak but he kept cutting me ~. 
I was trying to speak, but he kept cutting me off 

I was talking, and he cut me off.

I cut off his head. 

11. Stop that! = ~ that out!
Cut that out! 

12. 降ろす to drop sb off 
Can I drop you off somewhere?

My father would drop me off at school on his way to work everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment