Tuesday, June 18, 2013

(会員)2013年6月18日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMust KNOW Idioms for Mixed Levels

(会員)2013年6月18日(火曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMust KNOW Idioms for Mixed Levels

1. to used to verb
I used to live in New York. 

2. be used  to
I am used to life in Japan

3. to get used to
I finally got used to life in Japan.
The work is hard, but you will get used to it.

4. to be about to VERB
I am about to go to work.
I was about to go to sleep.
I was about to go to bed.

5. to clean st up = きれいに掃除する、片付ける
I cleaned up my room.

6. You clean up nice! = You look good when you put on nice clothes, etc.
I clean up nice, don't I.

7. to clean up sb's reputation/image
Love Hotels Clean Up Their Image.
Love Hotels are trying to clean up their image.

8. This is the first I've ever heard of it.

9. to look forward to st = 楽しみにしています
I'm looking forward to the party.
I'm looking forward to meeting you.

10. 急に
Suddenly, All of a sudden, Without warning, Out of the blue, just like that
Then, just like that, he was gone.

11. 弱い = 品質が低い = weak sauce

12. to make a big deal out of st
Many people made a big deal out of it.

13. to make a big deal out of nothing
つまらないことで大騒ぎした。
They made a big deal out of nothing.

14. to blow something out of proportion
They blew it out of proportion.

15. to make a mountain out of a molehill =くだらないことを大げさに騒ぎ立てる
They made a mountain out of a molehill.

Don't exaggerate! 
大げさに言うな!

No comments:

Post a Comment