Friday, June 14, 2013

(会員)2013年6月14日(金曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMixed Lesson for Mixed Levels

(会員)2013614日(金曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスンMixed Lesson for Mixed Levels
1. I'm shy.
I don't like talking or doing things in front of other people.
I'm a private person.
I don't have enough money, but I almost have enough. I'm 1,000 yen shy.
I not quite this height, but I am almost this height.
I'm just shy of 180 cm tall.
I not quite 180cm but I am almost 180cm.
I'm just shy of 40 years old.

2. 誰が悪かった?
Whose fault was it?
It was his fault.

Who was responsible?
He was responsible.

Who was to blame?
He was to blame.

Who was at fault?
He was at fault.


3. since vs. for
I've been sick ~ Monday.
I've been sick ~ 5 days.

I've been sick since Monday.
I've been sick for 5 days.
I've been sick since the party.
I've been sick forever.



4. only
a) Only you can call him.
b) You can only call him.

I only ate a little.
I ate only a little.

5. to play telephone tag
I called you and left a message. You called me back and left a message. Then I called you, and you weren't home. We're playing telephone tag.
I've been playing telephone tag with the boss all day.

6. I'm finished.
I'm done.

The movie is ~.

7. to wrap st up
They're wrapping up the meeting now.
I need a few more minutes to finish.
I need a few more minutes to wrap things up.

Oh, no. I have to go. Let's cut this meeting short.


8. わざと
He hit me on purpose.
He hit me on purpose. = He hit me intentionally. =
He deliberately hit me.

I'm going to go hit the sack!


9.

No comments:

Post a Comment