Sunday, June 9, 2013

会員生放送レッスン - MIXED LEVELS PHRASAL VERBS!: 11pm


Phrasal verbs.
--------------------------------------

Have you ever been to Hawaii?  X Yes, I have ever.
1. to phone = to call sb up

2. to wear = to put on

3. to board = to get on

4. to trash / to discard = to throw away

5. to vomit = to throw up

6. to invite on a date = to ask out

7. to return st = to give back

8.  to reject sb/st = to turn sb down
I asked her out, but she turned me down.

9. to exercise = to work out
I work out with weights / friends.
I ran 10km today. It was a good workout.

10. to試着する = to try on
Can I try this on?

11. 消す = to turn off
12. <--> to turn on

13. switch on / switch off

14. 組み立てる= to put together
←→ to take apart

15. 電話を切る = to hang up
She young up on me.
I always hang up on salespeople.

16. Give somebody used clothes.
He handed me down his old karate uniform.
My little brother always got my hand-me-downs.
wear someone's hand-me-downs(人)のお下がりを着る

17. to stop being friends over time = to grow apart
We used to be really close, but we've grown apart.

18. to recover from a bad experience = to get over st
She never got over the death of her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment