Wednesday, June 5, 2013

会員生放送レッスン:LEVEL up your BASIC English! & RANDOM!

会員生放送レッスン:LEVEL up your BASIC English! & RANDOM!

I made a mistake.
1. What's your name?
May I have your name? 
Hi, my name is Victor.

2. a) This is Victor. 
b) I am Victor. 
c) I am called Victor.
Best answer: b)

3. はじめまして。
Nice to meet you. 
Good to meet you. 
Great to meet you. 
Glad to meet you. 
Pleasure to meet you. 

Good to meet you. Good da meecha.

4. 元気ですか?
How are you? 
How ya doing? 
What's up? 
How's it going? 
What's going on? 

5. Do you like ~?
5. Do you like ~s?
5a) Do you like dog? 
5b) Do you like dogs?

6, Are you a dog person or a cat person? 

7. Do から始まる質問
Yes, I do.  No, I don't.

Are から始まる質問
Yes, I am. / No, I'm not. 

Can から始まる質問
Yes, I can. / No, I can't. 

Do you play tennis?
Can you play tennis? 

X Can you smoke?
Do you smoke? 

8, Do you speak English? 
Can you speak English? 

9. adjective = 形容詞
Are you + 形容詞?

I am happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.

I'm happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.
I'm happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.

I'm  not  happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.


主語 動詞 形容詞 ・ 目的語

I'm not happy. vs I'm unhappy. 

I do not like umeboshi.  vs.  I dislike umeboshi. 

------------
1. a newbie

2. a SNAFU 
Situation Normal All Fucked Up = SNAFU

----
3. names:
What's your name? 
May I have your name?
My name is Victor. 
name = monicker 

She goes by the monicker Egg.

nickname
screen name

name = also a verb. 
I named Maggie after a cartoon character.

4. Do you like ~?
Are you fond of ~?  
I'm fond of ~. I go for ~. I dig ~. 
Do you go for ~? 
Would you like ~? 
Would you care for ~? 
She is keen on me.  = She likes me.
I enjoy Ving. = I like Ving.

I'm dying to... I'm crazy for... I'm nuts about ....

5. fat
ぽっちゃり = chubby
super fat = obese

6. see ➡ special 
Are you seeing anyone? 
I saw Iron Man 3. 
I saw the ballet. I saw an opera. I saw the show. 

watch ➡ activity 
I like watching TV after work. 
Watch your head. 
Watch your feet. 

look learn 
I looked at my watch. 

7. I was impressed.  
I was touched. 
I was moved.

I was impressed by the movie.    The movie was impressive.
I was touched.  It was touching. 

I was moved. It was moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment