Wednesday, June 5, 2013

会員生放送レッスン:LEVEL up your BASIC English! & RANDOM!

会員生放送レッスン:LEVEL up your BASIC English! & RANDOM!

I made a mistake.
1. What's your name?
May I have your name? 
Hi, my name is Victor.

2. a) This is Victor. 
b) I am Victor. 
c) I am called Victor.
Best answer: b)

3. はじめまして。
Nice to meet you. 
Good to meet you. 
Great to meet you. 
Glad to meet you. 
Pleasure to meet you. 

Good to meet you. ➡Good da meecha.

4. 元気ですか?
How are you? 
How ya doing? 
What's up? 
How's it going? 
What's going on? 

5. Do you like ~?
5. Do you like ~s?
5a) Do you like dog? 
5b) Do you like dogs?

6, Are you a dog person or a cat person? 

7. Do から始まる質問
Yes, I do.  No, I don't.

Are から始まる質問
Yes, I am. / No, I'm not. 

Can から始まる質問
Yes, I can. / No, I can't. 

Do you play tennis?
Can you play tennis? 

X Can you smoke?
Do you smoke? 

8, Do you speak English? 
Can you speak English? 

9. adjective = 形容詞
Are you + 形容詞?

I am happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.

I'm happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.
I'm happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.

I'm  not  happy / busy / sad / hungry / angry / tall.


主語 動詞 形容詞 ・ 目的語

I'm not happy. vs I'm unhappy. 

I do not like umeboshi.  vs.  I dislike umeboshi. 

------------
1. a newbie

2. a SNAFU 
Situation Normal All Fucked Up = SNAFU

----
3. names:
What's your name? 
May I have your name?
My name is Victor. 
name = monicker 

She goes by the monicker Egg.

nickname
screen name

name = also a verb. 
I named Maggie after a cartoon character.

4. Do you like ~?
Are you fond of ~?  
I'm fond of ~. I go for ~. I dig ~. 
Do you go for ~? 
Would you like ~? 
Would you care for ~? 
She is keen on me.  = She likes me.
I enjoy Ving. = I like Ving.

I'm dying to... I'm crazy for... I'm nuts about ....

5. fat
ぽっちゃり = chubby
super fat = obese

6. see ➡ special 
Are you seeing anyone? 
I saw Iron Man 3. 
I saw the ballet. I saw an opera. I saw the show. 

watch ➡ activity 
I like watching TV after work. 
Watch your head. 
Watch your feet. 

look ➡ learn 
I looked at my watch. 

7. I was impressed.  
I was touched. 
I was moved.

I was impressed by the movie.    The movie was impressive.
I was touched.  It was touching. 

I was moved. It was moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment