Thursday, August 15, 2013

(会員) Monday Aug. 12 - 中級 - 上級: Sophisticated Expressions.

(会員) Monday Aug. 12 - 中級 - 上級: Sophisticated Expressions.


Sophisticated English:

1. I have a bad headache. = I have a ~.

2. I love Japanese food. = I love Japanese ~.

3. I can't poop. = I am ~.

4. We are having a party.  = We are having a ~.

5. We are having a small party. = We are having a ~.

6. We are having a big party. = We are having a ~.

7. I am thankful. = I am ~.

8. He is very religious. = He is ~.

9. She is the kind of person who wants revenge. = She is ~.  She is ~.

10. She talks a lot. = She is ~.

11. You should clean that wound. = You should ~ that would.

12. He is easily fooled. = He is ~.

13. She does things without preparation. = She is ~.

14. He betrayed her. = He is a ~.

15. He does not hold a grudge. = He is very ~.

16. She is not an adult yet. = She is still a ~.

17. Thanks! I owe you! = I'm ~ to you!

18. She is a hooker. = She is a ~ of the ~.

19. She is a beautiful but dangerous woman. = She is a ~  ~  .

 20. That movie made a lot of money. = That movie was a ~.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answers:

1. migraine
2. cuisine
3. constipated <--> diarrhea
4. wing-ding
5. get together
6. gala
7. grateful
8. devout
9. vindictive / vengeful
10. talkative
She is talkative. / She is a chatterbox.
11. disinfect / sterilize
12. gullible
13. spontaneous
14. He is a traitor / a Judas / a Benedict Arnold.
15. forgiving
16. a minor
17. indebted
18. lady / evening
19. a femme fatale
20. blockbuster

No comments:

Post a Comment