Sunday, August 25, 2013

(会員) Thurs 2013年8月22日: 初級 Daily Idioms


(会員) Thurs 2013年8月22: 初級 Daily Idioms

actionteacher.blogspot.jp

I have been uploading daily videos.
Have you seen any of those videos yet? 
I haven't had the chance yet. 
get the chance to = get to 
I was so busy, I didn't get to have lunch today. 
I really wanted to see that movie, but I didn't get to see it. 
I really wanted to see him, but I didn't get to. 
I woke up at 6am. I got up at 6am. 
Wake up! = Accept the truth! Stop lying to yourself! 
Wake up and smell the coffee!
I'm having a bad hair day. 
I'd like to have you over for dinner. = I would like you to come to my house and eat dinner.

He's out to lunch. = He's a little spacey. ぼけている
a) 昼食で外出中で, b) spacey

You need to take a cold shower. = Calm down!
Did you see the dress she was wearing? I think I'd better go and take a cold shower!
I had better = I better = したほうがいい
私のおごりだ。
It's on me. 
I've got this. / I got this. = When the check comes.
It's my treat. = (Australia English only) I'll shout you. 
I'll shout you a beer.
Coffee is on me.  
This round is on me.  
The movie is on me. 
I'll tell you what. You get the movie, and I'll get dinner. 
A: Wanna go out tonight? 
B: Rain check. 
I'd better take a rain check. 
I'm gonna take a rain check. 
Give me a rain check?
Can you give me a rain check?
I'll take a rain check. 
I'll take a rain check on that beer.
I better hit the sack. 
I've got an early start tomorrow. 
I've got a big day tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment