Monday, September 30, 2013

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2013年9月25日(水)MIXED - talking about music

(会員)英会話ライブレッスン 2013年9月25日(水)MIXED - talking about music

1. I can't dance.
I have 2 left feet.

2. I can't sing.
I am tone deaf.
I can't carry a tune.
I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

BONUS: I'm musically challenged.

3. He is a very good guitar player.
He plays a mean guitar.

She makes a good cup of coffee.
She makes a mean cup of coffee.

4. I can play music by just listening to it.
I can play music by ear.   
---------------------------------------------------

5. I'm glad to hear the news.
The news is music to my ears.

6. I don't mean to brag, but I'm a pretty good golfer.
I don't mean to blow my own horn, but I'm a pretty good golfer.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm a pretty good golfer.
I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I'm a pretty good golfer.


7. That was really cheap. I got it for a song.

8. I understand what you said completely.  You were as clear as a bell.


9. I'm healthy. = I'm as fit as a fiddle.

10. You did something bad, now you have to accept the consequences.
consequences =影響, 結果
You have to accept the consequences. You have to face the music.

11. The essay is done, but I just have to make some slight adjustments.
The essay is done, it just needs some fine tuning.

12. A: It wasn't my fault we argued.
       B: You may think so, but there can be no fight with only 1 person.

Idiom:
It takes two to tango. = Two people are necessary to fight.


13. What he said touched me.
What he said struck a chord.





No comments:

Post a Comment