Monday, September 30, 2013

(会員) 英会話ライブレッスン 2013年9月27日(金)Vocabulary Booster 中級ー上級

(会員) 英会話ライブレッスン 2013年9月27日(金)Vocabulary Booster 中級ー上級

I'm fried.

1. Take this. It will lesson the pain.
alleviate

<-->
2. Don't scratch it. You'll only exacerbate it.

3. His health is deteriorating.
4. . I can't tell the difference between A and B.
differentiate

5. The noise interrupted the class lecture.
disrupted

6. panicky / scared = ????
frantic

7. by accident =
I locked myself out of the house by accident.
I accidentally locked myself out of the house.
inadvertently

8. to make fun of = to ridicule = to mock
He ridiculed me.

9. He gave the speech with no preparation at all.
He improvised it.
He winged it.

10. It's a pain in the neck.
It's troublesome.
It's a nuisance.

 11. stops you from being successful  = an albatross around your neck

12. to make pain feel better = to soothe
I tried to soothe her after her divorce.

The icepack soothed the pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment