Sunday, December 15, 2013

(会員)Dec. 15 英会話ライブレッスン - transition expressions

(会員)Dec. 15 英会話ライブレッスン - transition expressions

1. by the way = btw = そういえば

2. in my opinion = 私の意見では…

3. in my view = 私の見解では…

4. As far as I am concerned… = 私に言わせれば…

5. On top of that = その上に

6. What's more…そのうえ….

A: Why don't you think we should go to Okinawa? 
B: First of all, it's the rainy season. What's more, it's too expensive.
More importantly, I just don't have the time.

7. More importantly …=さらに重要なことに…

8. Come to think of it… = 考えてみると…

9. 肝心なのは~です。 The bottom line is .... =要は/要するに/結局のところ/とにかく

10. As I recall… If I remember correctly… = 私の記憶による…

11. I don't remember. / I don't recall. 

12. if memory serves 記憶が正しければ
Ex: If memory serves, he used to be in the boyscouts. 
if memory serves 
if memory serves correctly 
if my memory serves correctly 

13. I don't remember. = I don't recall.. 

14. It slipped my mind. 

15. It completely slipped my mind.







No comments:

Post a Comment