Saturday, December 14, 2013

(会員)Dec. 5 英会話ライブレッスン Idioms! 中級ー上級


Idioms:
I think I'm coming down with a cold. 
I have a nasally voice.
 I have runny nose. 
My nose is running. 

I saw a movie today called: Paranorman. 
This is a play on words.  
"Paranorman" is a play on words.  
Norman is the main character of the movie.
He can talk to ghosts.
He has paranormal ability.

I am nothing if not ADJECTIVE.
I'm nothing if not careful. = I am very careful. 
Somebody is nothing if they are not ADJECTIVE.
He is nothing if not thorough. 
nothing if not ~なのが一番の取りえだ、とりわけ~、どう見ても~

No thank you. = I'm good. I'm OK. I'm fine.

I completely agree with you. = No doubt.
I completely agree with you. = Yes, without a ~.
I completely agree with you. = Yes, without a doubt.
Without question. = Without a doubt.

I don't believe you. = Yeah, I bet.

I bet that ~. = きっと~.
I bet (that) he's lying. 

The bottom line is ...
The bottom line is I just can't afford it. 

What's the bottom line? 

My boss has me jumping through hoops. 

I had to jump through hoops to ~. 

I hit rock bottom.




No comments:

Post a Comment