Thursday, May 29, 2014

会員)Monday, May 12 - 11pm -Random Notes - Mixed Levels

会員)Monday, May 12 - 11pm -Random Notes - Mixed Levels

Let’s talk about actors.

1. What do you call a bad actor? 
a ham

2. What do you call a bad journalist? 
a hack

3. What do you all a bad doctor?  
a quack 

4. He is not an actor yet, but he wants to be an actor.  
He is an ~ actor. 
aspiring

5. She is a Lady Gaga ~. 
wannabee

6. She auditioned for AKB48.  She is an AKB48 _________________. 

7.  I’m addicted.
I'm addicted to the Lord of the Ring books. 

8. I’m addicted. = I’m hooked. 

9. What do you do for a living?   
I teach for a living.  

10. Answer: I ~ for a living. 
I teach English for a living.

11. I make my living teaching English. 

12.  I'm in insurance. 
I sell life insurance. 
I work for a life insurace company.

13. ペスト = the plague

14. He is very angry. = He is furious. 
      He is very angry. = He is fuming.

15. お金は全然ない。= I’m broke. 
I’m flat broke. 
I’m dead broke.

16. 彼の猫は発情期
His cat is in heat. 

17. He has a good 評判。
      He has a good reputation. 

18. 尻軽女 = She is easy., She is a slut. 

19. to rack up st = to collect = to get.   
He racked up a lot of money selling bottles.


20. There will be Hell to play. = There will be big trouble! 

No comments:

Post a Comment