Saturday, May 3, 2014

(会員)Sat. 11pm - Random English Lesson!

(会員)Sat. 11pm - Random English Lesson!
A sentence that is not connected to the last sentence is called a non sequitur.

If you boat starts going under water, we say your boat is sinking. 
to sink = to go down, to go under water.

I have a sinking feeling that I am going to get fired.

If your boat is sinking, then you need to ~ water.

If your boat is sinking, then you need to bail water.

to bail = to remove water, to help someone
Thanks for bailing me out.
to bail sb out = to help sb, to pay money to the government to get someone out of jail while they wait for their court date

I bailed my brother out of jail.
I bailed out my brother.
Oh, my God! Look at time! 
I gotta bail.
He bailed. = He left.
The judge set bail at $50,000.

It's chilly. = It's a little cold.
brisk
a nudge = a small push
I gave him a nudge.

I nudged him in the right direction.
I gave him a nudge him in the right direction.
本能 = instinct

Instinct kicked in.  = My instinct started and I acted on my instinct.

I smashed my finger in the car door.

I smashed my finger in the car door by accident.

It was an accident.

He did it on purpose.
He did it intentionally.
He did it purposely.
He did it deliberately. 
He did it consciously.

He did it on purpose / intentionally /  purposely / deliberately / consciously. 






No comments:

Post a Comment