Monday, August 29, 2016

(会員)2016年8月29日 Monday Night - Fun Idioms


(会員)2016年8月29日 Monday Night - Fun Idioms



Basic but must-know, fun idioms

1. I’m a little bit under the ~ today. 

2. I’m sorry I cannot join you today. = I’ll take a ~-check.

3. That’s life. It cannot be helped. = That’s the way the ~ bounces.  

4. That’s the way the ball bounces. = That’s the way the cookie ~.

5. It’s raining really hard. = It’s raining ~ and ~.

Time out:
土砂降り
It’s raining really hard., It’s really coming down., It’s pouring., It’s pouring out., It’s raining buckets., It’s coming down in buckets., It’s coming down in sheets.
KNOW THIS PATTERN: It's ~ out.

6. He is a big liar. = He lies like a ~.

7. He did a great job in that show. = He ~ the show.

8. He is super cute. = He is as cute as a ~.

9. I am super hungry. = I am so hungry I could…

10. He is super tough.= He is as tough as ~.

11. He is super rich. = He has more money than ~.

12. Get to the point! = Stop beating around the ~.

13.That is super easy. = It's a piece of ~.

14. It’s a piece of cake. = It’s as easy as ~.

Answers. 1. weather, 2. rain, 3. ball, 4.  crumbles, 5. cats / dogs, 7. stole, 8. button, 9. eat a horse, 10. nails, 11. God, 12. bush, 13. cake, 14. pie

No comments:

Post a Comment