Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nico Nico Douga-Talking about Friends Sept. 5, 2010

Today’s lesson is inspired by this sentence in the paper.
面識がない

Friends

1) He's my friend.

2) We have a good friendship.

3) He's my best friend.
A dog is a man’s best friend.
They fight like cats and dogs.

4) We're BFF.
BFF=best friends forever

5) Let's be friends. / Be my friend.

6) I made friends with her dog.

7) He friended me on Facebook.

8) I befriended the old man.

9) He was very friendly (to me).

9b) He was very nice (to me).

9c) He was very kind (to me).

10) I know his name, but we're not really close.

10b) I know his name, but we're not really friends. We're acquaintances.

11) I can't remember the name of this song, but it sounds familiar.

12) Do you know that man's name? He looks very familiar.

13a) I'm sure you're familiar with him.

13b) I'm sure you're familiar with his work.

familiar with = be acquainted with

14) I'm sure you're acquainted with him.

15) I'm sure you're acquainted with NYC.

16) I'm sure you're familiar with NYC.

17) I'm sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with this food.

18) I'm sorry, but I'm unacquainted with this food.

20) You should familiarize yourself with the software before you start working there.

21a) I had never seen him before.He was a perfect stranger.

21b) I had never seen him before. He was a total stranger.

a synonym=同意語

Other synonyms for friends
slang: a buddy, a pal, a mate, a chum,
rough slang: a bro, a brother, a homie, a homeboy

These do not mean "friend": man, dude, guy, fella, fellow.
Examples: Hey, man! What's up, dude! Who is that guy? He's a nice fella.
He's a good fellow. (not slang)

Formal: a coworker, colleague, an associate, crony (negative)

No comments:

Post a Comment