Thursday, September 23, 2010

ニコニコ動画 (初級) Wed., Sept. 22, 2010

Questions about Life, Living, and Death
-------------------------------

1.
A: Are you from here?
B: No. I ~ up here, but I was ~ in Kyushu.


2. When I was in high school I ~ to the tennis club.


3. I ~ to live in NYC. I moved here 20 years ago.


4. I never thought I would ~ married, but I met a nice boy and finally settled ~.


5. I ~ pregnant after only a few months, but I ~ a car accident, and we ~ the baby.


6. I ~ fired from my job.


7. I got laid ~ from my job.


8. I hated my job, so I ~.


9. I’m looking ~ a new job.


10. I ~ hired at Toyota.


11. It was not a full-time job. It was just a ~ job.


12. My son is graduating ~ college next year.


13. My mother got very sick, so she was ~. (入院)


14. He ~ in a bad car accident.


15. He was in a bad car accident. (He is not alive anymore.) He ~.


16. He died 3 years ago.=He’s been ~ for 3 years.


17. He died 2 days ago. The ~ is tomorrow. I need to buy a black suit.


18. When someone dies, you say to their family, "My ~."


19. The box you put a dead body in is called a ~.


20. The hole you put a coffin is called a ~


--------------------------
Answers
--------------------------

1. grew / born


2. belonged


3. used


4. get / down


5. got / had / lost


6. got


7. off


8. quit


9. for


10. got / was


11. part-time


12. from


13. hospitalized


14. was


15. died


16. dead


17. a funeral


18. condolences


19. coffin/casket


20. a grave

No comments:

Post a Comment