Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nico Nico Douga-Useful Vocabulary Sept. 8, 2010

Sept. 8, 2010
Can you see me yet?
Beginner Lesson
1. wake up
a) 起きる
What time did you
wake up today?
to wake up
=to get up

b) 現実を認める
You better wake
up and accept that
you’re never
going to be famous.
You better wake
up and accept that
he lied to you.

Wake up, people!
Stop being fooled.

2. eat
a) 食べる
What time did
you eat breakfast?
b) 使う, spend
Going to the bank
ate up my morning.
Going to the doctor
ate up my savings.

3. brush
a) I brushed my teeth.
b) He brushed by me.
He walked by me quickly.
c) His arm brushed
my arm.
His arm touched
my arm a little.
4. to shower
1. He showered and shaved
and went to work.
b) She showered
me with presents.
c) The reporters
showered the president
with questions.
5. to shave

a) He shaved.
b) I need to shave a few
dollars off the cost.
c) The runner shaved
3 minutes off his time.
6. to use
He uses the subway.
He takes the subway.
a) I got used to the city.
b) I used to live in NYC.
c) I used him for
his connections.
take advantage of
= good & bad
bad:
You took advantage of me!

good:
I took advantage
of the opportunity!

Use what
you have.

to use up=to use all of st
I used up all my money.
I used up all my energy.
I used up all my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment