Thursday, December 15, 2011

(会員)12月15日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2011 - Useful American TV Expressions

1001 - The One After Joey And Rachel Kiss

Read the entire script here.
http://www.livesinabox.com/friends/1001.shtml

Watch my video here:
(会員)12月15日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2011 - Useful American TV Expressions


http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1323991136


1. ~ is a turn on. <--> ~ is a turn off.
Oh, the way you crushed Mike at ping pong was such a turn-on.

2. to cheat on sb
She's cheating on Joey with Ross!
He cheated on a test. = He secretly took answers from someone to get a good score.

3. a tart, a floozy
She is a tart/floozy.

4. to be none of one's business
This is none of our business.
5. to eavesdrop on sb
= to purposely try to listen to sb’s private conversation
Phoebe: Oh, I'm not gonna do this, okay? I'm not gonna eavesdrop on my friend.
Ex: I eavesdropped on her conversation.

6. to make one's way through a rooom
I made my way through the series.
Rachel: What? Ross and Charlie? (Joey nods) Wow! She's really making her way through the group, huh?
I'm making my way through the group. = I am meeting everyone one by one.
7. to man st = to work or control st
She's manning the floor.
She's manning the cash register.
Chandler: No-one is manning that wall!

8. I’m on it.
Monica: I'm on it!

9. to have had it with st
Ex: I have had it with rice.
Monica: Okay, I've had it with the hair jokes.

10. to break up with sb
10. Ross:You guys just broke up.

11. You got it! = I’ll do it.
Chandler: You got it!

12. For all I know... = I don’t know...
Rachel:. For all he knows we're just hanging out together. Right? Just be nonchalant.

No comments:

Post a Comment