Tuesday, December 6, 2011

(会員)12月6日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2011

(会員)12月6日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2011

Watch the video as you study with us!


Dec. 6, 2011
Asking directions
---------------------
Situational English
1 Asking directions Where is 〜?

Excuse me, where's 〜? < Pardon me, where's 〜?

Could / Can you tell me how to get to 〜?

Could / Can you show me the way to 〜?

Excuse me. Do you know where 〜 is?

Ex: Where is the bank? -->Do you know where the bank is?v

Excuse me. Where's the nearest ~?

Excuse me. Do you know where the nearest 〜 is?

Is there a 〜 near here?

Do you know if there's a 〜 near here?

I'm sorry to bother you, but could you tell me if there is a ~ near here?

2 Bank English I just got paid. It's payday.
-------------------------------------------
I should deposit my pay.

I'd like to withdraw ¥_____, please.

I'd like to change some money.

I need an ATM.

Where's the nearest ATM? (ATM=Automatic Teller Machine)

Do you know where I can change some money?

Do you have an account here?

I'd like to open an account.

I have an account at Citibank.

3 Restaurant Do you have a reservation?
------------------------------------------
I reserved a table/room.

I booked my flight/room/a table.

I have a reservation. Kato. (My name is Kato.)

I have a reservation. It's under Kato.

Non-smoking, please.

I have a reservation under the name Hidema.

How many in your party? --> There are 5 of us.

Do you take [traveler's checks / credit cards / American Express]?

Would you like to hear today’s specials?

What's today's special? / What are today's specials?

Could I have a table near the window?

How would you like your steak? --> Medium, please.

How would you like your eggs? -->Sunny-side up.

How do you take your coffee? --> Milk, no sugar. / Black. / Milk and sugar.


----------------------Did not get to the below!----------------------------

W: Are we ready to order? --> Yes, I'll have the 〜. (filet mignon / turkey club)
Could I have a glass of water, please?
W: Will there be anything else? --> Just the check.
Could we have the check, please?
[Reading English: "Gratuity is not included." = You must tip.]

No comments:

Post a Comment