Monday, February 13, 2012

(会員)2月10日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2012 - MIXED! / Fun Expressions!

Watch this
(会員)2月10日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2012 - MIXED! / Fun Expressions!

on Nico Nico Douga
as you read along!

Feb. 10, 2012
Fun English!

to multi-tasking = to do many things at one time

I had an unexpected visitor ~ in today.
I had an unexpected visitor drop in today.

to drop in= to visit sb
Come by and see me sometime!
Drop by and see me sometime!
Pop by and see me sometime!
Pop in and see me sometime!


1. You are nuts!?
= You are crazy!?

2. You are bananas!?
= You are crazy!?

3. Are you out of your ~?
Are you out of your mind? = Are you crazy?
Are you out of your skull? = Are you crazy?

4. I'm on a diet.
= I'm dieting!
= I'm watching my ...

I'm watching my ....
I'm watching my salt intake.
I'm watching my blood sugar.
I'm watching my cholesteral.


5. I'm ..... my calories.
counting

6. He is a hunk!
=He is sexy!

7. He cut the cheese.
= He farted. = He broke wind.


8. He couldn't cut it. = He wasn't good enough.
He can't cut it. = He can't do it.

9. You can't teach an old ~ new tricks.
dog

10. He is a playboy! = He is a ~.
He is a playboy! = He is a dog.


11. He is a cool ~. = He is a cool person.
cat

12. He was as cool as a cucumber.
(Hint: vegetable)


13. You don't want to open that can of ......
You don't want to open that can of worms.

That is a can or worms.

You do not want to open up that can of worms.

14. That is a pain in the neck. = めんどくさい

No comments:

Post a Comment