Thursday, February 23, 2012

(会員)英会話レッスン!初級 - practical idioms - Feb. 23, 2012

(会員)英会話レッスン!初級 - practical idioms - Feb. 23, 2012



Watch this!




I have to apologize to you about our last class.
Maybe you didn't notice, but...
I was coming down with a cold.

I'm not completely over my cold yet.
I'm not completely over it yet.

My chair is squeaky.

Useful Everyday Idioms:

1. to put st on
I put on my hat.

I walk my dog every morning.

to put sb on
=to fool sb
Are you putting me on?


3. to go/come/arrive --> to get
What time do you arrive at school?
--> What time do you get to school?

4. What time can you come here tomorrow?
--> What time can you get here tomorrow?
--> What time can you be here tomorrow?


5. Oh, my God! It's late! I better go home!
-->I better get going.

GET is also useful for other reasons...
6. I don't believe you! --> Get out of here!

7. I don't understand you. --> I don't get you.

8. You are wasting your time. or That is none of your business! --> Get a life!

TURN
Let's use the word TURN to say the following.
9. I will become 30 (years old) this July.
-->I will turn 30 this July.

10. He makes me feel sick.
--> He turns my stomach.

11. She is really pretty in that dress.
--> She turns heads in that dress.

12. I could not sleep well at all last night.
--> I tossed and turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment