Monday, February 20, 2012

Feb. 20, 2012
MIXED!

actionteacher.blogspot.com

1. I broke up ~ her!
2. She broke ~ the engagement.
3. They decided to call the party ~.
4. She was surprised ~ my words. (2 answers)
5. I promised ~ do it.
6. That is a load ~ crap. = That is nonsense.
7. The people called ~ the government to clean up the park. (2 answers)
8. They are free ~ the asking. (or ...free ~ the taking.)
9. I'm tired ~ that show.
Time out!
What is the difference between: "to be tired of st" & "to be sick of st".
10. 今からマギーと散歩に行ってきます。
11. I did not think of those opinions himself. He was spoon ~.
12. You should check it ~ before you buy it.

------------------------------
Answer: 1. with, 2. off, 3. off, 4. at/by, 5. to, 6. of, 7. on/for, 8. for, 9. of, 10. I'm going to take my dog for a walk. / I'm going to walk my dog., 11. fed, 12. out
-------------------------------
Sophisticate your English
1. frustrated = exasperated
2. very angry = furious
3. sexy = provocative
4. interesting = intriguing, compelling, provocative
4. interesting = intriguing, compelling, provocative

No comments:

Post a Comment