Tuesday, September 16, 2014

(会員)9月15日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン -aging & NEWS!

(会員)9月15日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン -aging & NEWS!

I assumed you all understood why I chose today's topic. Yes?

It’s “Respect for the Aged” Day

1. a spring chicken

You’re no spring chicken.

2. to rob the cradle

I can’t believe he’s dating an 18 year old! Talk about robbing the cradle.

3. an old fogey

4. an old fart

5. an old bag

6. my old man=my dad, or my husband

7. my old lady=my mom, or my wife

8. in one’s early/middle/late 20s/30s/40s/etc.
I’m in my early 20s. He’s in his mid 50s. She’s in her late 80s.

9. to be over the hill

10. He’s getting on (in years).

11. He’s getting up there?

12. a centenarian = sb 100 years old or older

The oldest man is also Japanese, 111-year-old Sakari Momoi.

Somewhat appropriately, one of the Japanese characters in Momoi’s last name means “100.”

13. The silence was deafening.

I live in "Shitamachi" Tokyo and the silence is just deafening.

14. She disappeared. = She went missing.

Now she is missing.

Her parents are frantic.

Her parents are worried to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment