Monday, September 1, 2014

(公開)9月1日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Conversational Basics!

(公開)9月1日(月)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン Conversational Basics!
Please introduce yourself.

1. There are 5 people in my family.
I’m married and we have 3 children.
I’m married and we have a son.

2. I joined bon odori this year.
I took part in the bon odori this year.
I participated in the bon odori this year.

3. 盲導犬 a seeing-eye-dog
or a guide dog

4. Poor thing!
Poor dog!
I feel sorry for the dog.
My heart goes out to the dog and his owner.

5. That was disgusting. 
That was despicable.

6.
X I cannot forgive him.
That crime is unforgivable.

7. Japanese publishers blast new Amazon book sale rules
to blast sb = to criticize sb = 批評する, 批判する
I went to the party, and I had a blast.

8. conservation

9. California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in US

a ban = 禁止

10. Reception is bad. We have a bad connection. The signal is weak.
I’m not getting a signal. 
I’m not getting any bars. 

11.
He is a pain in the neck.
Doing laundry is a pain in the neck.
FORMAL: It’s a bit troublesome.
He's a regular pain in the neck.

He is really smart. He is a regular Einstein.
He is a great painter. = He's a regular Picasso.

No comments:

Post a Comment