Sunday, September 28, 2014

(会員)9月28日(日)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン - Random

(会員)9月28日(日)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン - Random

1. 気が小さい = He is timid. / He is a timid man.
He is a coward. / He is a wimp. / He is wimpy.

2. Don’t litter. = Don’t throw garbage in the street.

3. I would never do that. 

4. I don’t want to get involved.

5.  I don't know. = IDK

6. 景色 = scenery, view, landscape

I love watching the scenery go by when I ride the train.

England has beautiful scenery.

The view from my hotel room was magnificent.

7. スリ= a pickpocket

to pickpocket sb / to pickpocket sb’s pocket

He pickpocketed me. / I was pickpocketed.

I was followed by a pickpocket.

I was targeted by a pickpocket.

8. “necessary” is a bit formal and an adjective

That’s not necessary. / It’s necessary. / Politicians are a necessary evil. 

9. I need ~. Do you need ~?

10. before / early / fast or quickly

Please come to class 5 minutes before the starting time.

He arrived before me.

He arrived before 9am.

He arrived early.

He is always early.

He’s early.

He’s fast/quick.

11. たばこを毎日一箱吸ていた

I smoked a pack a day. 

I used to smoke a pack a day.

I smoked 2 packs (of cigarette) a day.

I was a 2-pack-a-day smoker.


She was a 10-year-old girl at the time.

12. After you! Please go ahead! You go first.




No comments:

Post a Comment