Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17 - English Live Lesson!

We’ve had technical difficulties.

I'm pretty computer savvy.

common sense      常識

They are savvy. 
He is savvy about ~.

Savvy? (verb)

I'm pretty computer savvy. (adjective)

I have no political savvy. (savviness) (both are nouns)

He has no common sense.

He has no sense.

Anyone with any common sense would agree.

Anyone with any sense would agree.

clever

He is a genius. (noun/person)
His idea was genius. (adjective used with idea)
His book was brilliant. (adjective)
He is brilliant.
He is intelligent.
The writing is very intelligent.
He is brilliant.
He is intelligent.
He is smart.
He is bright. 

It’s easy.
It’s a piece of cake.
It’s not rock science.
It’s not brain surgery.
It’s not that hard/difficult.
You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand this. 
You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to understand this. 
It’s a no-brainer. = It’s an easy choice to make.

He is a walking dictionary.
He is a walking encyclopedia.

Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can understand this.

I can’t wrap my brain around this. 
I’m having trouble wrapping my brain around this.
I need a minute to wrap my brain around this.

I brained him.
I almost got brained by that baseball.

He is brain-dead. (in a coma, brain does not work at all)

He is a terrible employee. He’s brain-dead half the time.

I am so tired.  I’m brain-dead. (=I cannot think anymore.)


















No comments:

Post a Comment