Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28 - English Live Lesson!

May 28 - English Live Lesson!
I had a big emergency last night.
I went to the emergency room.
I rushed to the emergency room.
My wife had an accident, and I had to rush her to the emergency room. 
She’s OK now, but she got 9 stitches. 
She somehow hit her head on the crib. 
The blow split her head open. 
I could see her skull. 
It looked like someone had cut her open with a scalpel.
a scalpel = メス
He drove home drunk, and he somehow got home safe.
I somehow mistook the salt for the sugar. 

He punched me in the head, and the blow knocked me out.
My first wife asked for a divorce on my birthday. 
It was a quite a blow.
This is quite gruesome story. 
I was repulsed by her story.
Is swallow nest season.
So I’ve been trying to capture swallow nests. 
Swallow nests are thought to bring happiness.

a superstition = 迷信

It is believed that…       
It is thought that…
to stumble upon st = to find st by chance
I came across an interesting store.
I came across an interesting article.
Yen slips to 12-year nadir against dollar; talk of U.S. interest rate hike shatters ¥124 threshold






No comments:

Post a Comment