Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 20 - English Live Lesson!

May 20 - English Live Lesson!
1. in / at
I’ll meet you at the Chunichi Building.  (general area)
I’ll meet you in the Chunichi Building.  (inside the building)
Do you mean inside the building? Or do you mean in front of the building?
2. bigoted
He is racist. / He is a racist.
He is a bigot.
The 3 ~ist. = racist, sexist, ageist

3. そろそろ~しないとけないじゃない?
Isn’t it about time….

It's really thundering outside.

At 6pm:
Isn't it about time you make dinner?
At 10pm:
Isn't it about time you made dinner?

Your friend has been unhappy in her marriage for a long time.
= Isn’t it about time you got divorced.
I think it's about time you bought a new car.

I think it's about time you buy a new car.
a) I think it's about time you VERB.
Isn’t it about time you VERB?

b) I think it's about time you PAST TENSE VERB.

You’re 26 years. You’ve been dating the same person for 6 years.
a) Isn’t it about time you get married.
b) Isn’t it about time you got married.

What kind/sort/type of person is he?
What’s he like?
What does he like?



No comments:

Post a Comment