Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 24 - English Live Lesson!

May 24 - English Live Lesson!

1. tacky
I’m wearing a very tacky Hawaiian shirt.


a vulgar joke = a tacky joke

2. could
Could you help me? > Can you help me?
Could I have a cup of coffee?
Could I talk/speak to/with you for a moment in private?
Do you have a minute?
Could I have a minute?

It could have been worse.
It could have been worse. It could have been me/you.
I am so angry. I could scream.
I could kill you.

POLITE Language:
Could you help me?
Could you tell me how to get to the station?
Could I ask who’s calling? = May I ask who’s calling?
Could I leave a message? 

Set phrases:
I’m so hungry, I could eat a horse.
It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop.
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
A: Thank you. B: It's the least I could do.

He will be treated no different from your own son.
I’m signing off on the adoption.
I could beat him with one arm tied behind my back.

If looks could kill.
If looks could kill I would be dead.

Let's play it by ear.



No comments:

Post a Comment