Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sept. 21nd (THURS) 23:00 English Lesson (Members Only)

Sept. 21nd (THURS) 23:00 English Lesson (Members Only)


Let’s do a quiz. 
Which of the following is correct?

1.
a) Are you joining the party? 
b) Are you coming to the party? 
c) Are you going to the party?

2. 
a) How much is it together?
b) How much is it altogether?
c) How much is it complete. 

d) How much is it total?  = also ok, conversationally
e) How much is it in total?  = standard
f) What’s the total?
g) What’s the damage?

3.
a) I don’t know the details. 
b) I don’t know a detail.
c) I don’t know well.

O d) I don't him well.

4. 
a) Today is rain. 
b) It’s rain today. 
c) It’s raining today.

d) It’s pouring. / It’s really coming down. / It’s really coming down in buckets.  / It’s really coming down in sheets. 


5.  
a) He is ugly, but I love him because of his face. 
b) He is ugly, but I love him despite of his face. 
c) He is ugly, but I love him despite his face.
 
6.
a) My family is four.
b) There are four in my family.
c) There are four people in my family.

7.
a) I’m getting to forget my English.
b) I’m getting forgetting my English.
c) I’m forgetting my English.
d) I’m starting to forget my English.


Answers: 1. b/c, 2. b, 3. a, 4. c, 5. b/c, best c, 6. c, 7.
b) He is ugly, but I love him despite of his face.   = little old
c) b) He is ugly, but I love him despite his face.   = contemporary English
d) He is ugly, but I love him in spite of his face.   = contemporary English

No comments:

Post a Comment