Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011 (There is no video for this class.)
Charity English Class
DONATE MONEY!
(Please!)
to donate money=to give money
I am not confident about my English.
I have no confidence.
I have no confidence when it comes to .....
X Maybe no.
Maybe not.

Are you coming to my party tomorrow.

He's a complete stranger.
I don't know him from Adam.
an acquaintance
He's just an acquaintance.
a friend=a buddy=a mate=an amigo=a pal=a chum
a babe
That woman is a babe.=beautiful, sexy
a chick=a girl

a fella, a fellow, a guy, a dude, a man
damn it! darn it!

We’re like brothers.
She’s like a member of the family.
He's my brother from another mother.
We're not really close, but we get along.
We are good friends.
I lost my train of thought.

won’t want

They are as thick as thieves.
A dog is a man’s best friend.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend.
If you want a friend, get a dog.
I have a 3 pm appointment with the dentist.
I'm meeting a friend.
I have plans.
I have business to attend to.
We go
way back.
It’s been a while. / It’s been a long time./ Long time no see.
I haven't seen a tanuki in a long time.
I saw that movie for the first time in a long time on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment