Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nico Nico Douga Class-April 24, 2011 FOOD IDIOMS!

April 24, 2011
Food idioms:
1. It’s delicious.
2. It’s sweet.
3. It’s bitter.
4. It’s sour.
5. It’s salty.
6. It’s peppery.
7. It’s hot/spicy.
8. It’s citrusy.
9. It’s bland/tasteless.
10. It’s rich.
11. It’s light.
12. It’s fluffy.
13. It’s light and fluffy.
14. It’s crunchy.
15, It’s crispy.
16. It’s al dente.
17. It’s soggy.
(ふやけて)
Ordering:
1. I’ll start with ~.
2. Do the ~ come with ~?
2. Do the hamburgers come with pickles?
Because I don't like pickles.
I'd like a hamburger, but could you please hold the onions.
3. Can I get the ~ with/ without ~?
Can I get the hamburger without onions?
4. I'd like to send this back, please.
It’s undercooked.
It's raw.
It's overcooked.
Something is wrong with this.
I’m sorry, but I can’t eat this.

5. How would you like your ~?
scrambled over-easy sunny side up

6. How would you like your steak?
rare medium-rare medium medium well well very well well done charcoal

Food Idioms:
1. to butter sb up
to brown nose
To complement sb because you want sb
A: You look great today?
B: Uh, thanks... but why are
you buttering me up?

2. a bad egg=a bad person
He’s a bad egg.

BONUS!
X I'm enough!
I’m full. < I'm stuffed.
I’ve had enough.
all-you-can-eat
a buffet
an all-you-can-eat buffet

No comments:

Post a Comment