Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nico Nico Douga-April 13th

Vocabulary:
1. 犯罪=a crime
2. 犯罪者=a criminal
3. 死刑=death/the death penalty/capital punishment
4. 無期懲役=life/life in prison
5. 支持する=to support
6. 反対=to be against
7. 同情する=to sympathize with sb
8. 刑務所=jail, prison, the penitentiary, the pen
9. 裁判=court
10. 裁判長=judge
11. 犠牲者=a victim

Patterns:
1. Owning a gun in Japan is a crime.
2. Owning a gun in America is not a crime.
3. Owning a gun in Japan is illegal.
4. I (don't) think Ozawa is a criminal.
5. I support the death penalty.
6. I'm against the death penalty.
7. I think he should have gotten death/the death penalty.
8. I think he should have gotten life/life in prison.
BONUS: 自首する=to turn oneself in
He turned himself in.
9. I think the judge should have given him death.
10. I think the judge should have given him life/life in prison.
11. I think he deserves death/the death penalty.
He deserves a prize.
He deserves a promotion.
He deserves a punishment.
He deserves to be fired.

12. I think he deserved life/life in prison.
13. I sympathize with the victim's mother.
---------
I threw out my back.
I pulled a muscle in my back.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I’m sorry about that.
I am having muscle spasms in my back.

Idioms:
1. They should throw him in jail and throw away the key.
2. They should throw the book at him.
3. Death is too good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment