Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011
BANK ENGLISH!

どしゃぶり
It's raining hard.
Idiom: to rain like cats and dogs
It's raining cats and dogs.
It's cats and dogs out there tonight.
It's pouring.
It's really coming down.
It's a downpour.

びしょびしょになった。
I got soaked.
I got drenched.
I got dripping wet.
I got soaked.=I got drenched.=I got dripping wet.
I was soaked.=I was drenched.=I was dripping wet.
-----------------------------------
Standard bank expressions:
1. I need to open up a savings account.
〈米〉普通預金口座

2. I need to open up a checking account.
米〉〔小切手{こぎって}を振り出せる〕当座預金口座

3. the machine where you can get your money
an ATM
an ATM machine=Automatic Teller Machine

4. an ATM code number
a PIN

5. What does PIN stand for?
PIN=Personal Identification Number

Sometimes they say "PIN number."
That is redundant.

6. to take money out of the bank?
withdraw / to make a withdrawal
I have to withdraw money.
I have to make a withdrawal.


7. to put money into the bank
to deposit / to make a deposit
I deposited $1,000 into my account.
I made a deposit of $1,000.


8. What is another way to say "business year"?
a fiscal year=営業年度、事業年度 or
会計年度、財政年度{ざいせい ねんど}

9. If you lose all your money you have gone ~ ?
bankrupt
He filed for bankruptcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment