Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nico Nico Eikaiwa-April 3, 2011

Donate to the victims!
to donate: 寄付する
a donation: 寄付
a victim: 犠牲者
an earthquake: 地震
a tsunami=津波
The news has been very depressing.
depressing=very sad
I am bored/excited/interested/depressed.
I am shocked.
~ is depressing/boring/exciting/interesting/shocking.
a disaster=天災
I lost my train of thought.

A dog was rescued.
This dog was sitting on a pile of floating debris.
He long was the dog at sea?
I heard about 3 weeks.
What kind of dog was it?
It was mixed breed.
It was a mutt.

That's a heart warming story.
<--> That's a heart wrenching story.
痛い
That hurts!
Ouch!
I’m in pain!
Does that/it hurt?
Are you in pain?

dentures=入れ歯
X I have an appointment with my friend tomorrow.
I have an appointment with a dentist tomorrow.
I'm meeting a friend tomorrow.

I have plans to meet a friend tomorrow.


What are you doing after class?

I donated already.

The recovery will take a long time.

Idioms

They fought like cats and dogs.
It’s raining cats and dogs.
It's pouring.
It's really coming down.

Let sleeping dogs lie.
You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
I guess an old dog can learn new tricks.
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
If you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.
It’s a dog eat dog world.
It’s a dog-eat-dog industry.

can can’t
I'm sorry, I caaaan'(t).

The earthquake struck/hit on March 11th.
Any last questions?

The bank robbers hit the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment