Monday, September 19, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Sept. 19, 2011 Mixed!

Sept. 19, 2011
My body hurts!
stationary bicycle
I'm rusty!
a joint=関節
1. Did you hear about ~?
ね、ね、聞いた?

2. お休みどうだった?
How was your vacation?

3. 最近はおもしろい映画を見ましたか?
Have you seen any good movies recently?

4. The Hobbitの映画を楽しみにしている。I'm looking forward to seeing The Hobbit. / I'm really excited about seeing The Hobbit.
I'm really excited to see The Hobbit.
I can't wait to see The Hobbit.
1) gone to the dogs: Taken a turn for the worse.
Japan has gone to the dogs.
2) that dog won't hunt: What you say makes no sense.
3) the hair of the dog that bit you: The drink you drink in the morning to get over the drinks you drank the night before.
4) my dogs are barking: My feet are hurting
5) in the dog house: In trouble.
6) dog tired: Very tired.
7) sick as a dog: Very sick.
---------------------------------
So recently I've been trying to learn how to use some new software.
I've been studying the software.

I've been teaching myself.

It takes a long time to learn new software.

It's time consuming.

After a few hours I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.
to get the hang of st = to start to understand how to do st
I have a knack for editing.
I have a knack for getting into trouble.
I don't really have a knack for music.
---------------------------
But I was having trouble learning how to use the new software. But these last 3 days I decided to dig in my heels and study.
to dig one's heels in=to refuse to change your direction, to be stubborn

1. What is a heel?
a heel = かかと
But in English heel has many uses.

2. to be a heel
Ex: I feel like a heel.
=I feel like a jerk.

3. I'm really in love with her. = I'm head over heels in love with her.
Related: I fell head over heels in love with her.

4. an Achille's heel = sb's weak point

5. to drag one's heels/feet = to move too slowly

------------------------

Yuki Amami's beauty tips - Eat, sleep and laugh

TOKYO —
Actress Yuki Amami, 44, is the new image character for Kose’s skincare brand, Grandaine Luxage Astamax. Amami will appear in a series of TV commercials for the brand.
At an event to launch the ad campaign, Amami said she washes her face every day with Grandaine Luxage Astamax. Asked for some beauty tips, Amami said it is important to eat, sleep properly and laugh a lot. She also encouraged women of her generation to work hard for anti-aging from inside. The new commercial will air from Sept 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment