Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Sept. 6, 2011 – Beginner’s class

Nico Nico Douga - Sept. 6, 2011 – Beginner’s class
It's finally getting cool.
It’s almost chilly tonight.
Basic Slang!
1. Get out of here!
Beat it!

2. I’m tired!
I’m beat!

3. The Giants won the game against The Dragons.
The Giants beat The Dragons.

4. I lost. = I got beat.
You lost. = You got beat.
We lost. = We got beat.

5. You dropped your keys. Do you want me to ~ them up for you?
Do you want me to pick them up for you?

6. I’m tired. I need a little ~-me-up!
(Something like coffee.)
a pick-me-up

7. He tried to ~ her up in a bar.
to pick sb up=ナンパする

Have you ever picked anyone up?

Related: to hit on sb

8. We are old friends.
We go ---- --------
We go way back.

A: Do you know Joe?
B: Oh, yeah. Joe and I go way back.

9. そんなこと、簡単にできる。
No sweat!
Piece of cake.
It’s a piece of cake.
That’s a piece of cake.

That was a breeze.

That’s as easy as pie.

That’s a walk in the park.

10. to head somewhere = to go somewhere
Where are you heading? Where are you headed?
Related:
I'm heading the team.
I'm heading up a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment