Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Sept. 21, 2011 - Intermediate - Advanced

Sept. 21, 2011

Maggie's birthday is today!

I’m going to give her a live kitten.

FIRST LET’S REVIEW

1. I’m dog tired.

2. Phuket has gone to the dogs.

3. My dogs are barking.

4. the hair of the dog that bit me

5. I’m in the doghouse.

6. I was as sick as a dog.

-----------------
NEW DOG IDIOMS!

1. It's a very competitive atmosphere. = It’s a dog eat dog world.

2. They fight a lot! = They fight like cats and dogs!

3. If you hang out with bad people, you will become like them. = If you lie with dogs, you'll get up with fleas.

4. Don’t bring up unhappy memories. = Let sleeping dogs lie.

5. Old people can’t learn anything. = You can't teach an old dogs new tricks.

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

6. I need to use the toilet. = I have to see a man about a dog / horse.

7. My wife/boss does not give me much freedom. = She keeps me on a short leash.

8. Every dog has its day.=Even people who are usually unlucky sometimes get lucky.

9. When I was a little boy I thought I loved my teacher. It was just puppy love.

10. A barking dog never bites.

His bark is worse than his bite.

In honor of Maggies birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment