Wednesday, June 6, 2012

(会員) 06月05日 初級MUST KNOW 熟語(30 minutes)


Watch this as you read the notes!


1. I'm better off Ving.
I'm better off buying a new car.

2. to break st down
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand. 
Could you break it down for me?

3. to break up with sb
I broke up with her.
She broke up with me.
We broke up.
Who broke up with who?

4. to come up
How did you come up with that idea?
Something came up.
Call me if something comes up.
I wonder who came up with that idea.

5. to wind up / to end up
= to result in something unexpected
He wound up dead.
He wound up ADJECTIVE.
He wound up staying home.
He wound up VERBing.
He would up in jail.

6. to figure out st

I can't figure this problem out.
I can't figure out this problem.
How do you figure?

7. Go figure.
Go figure. = It's a surprise.

A: Did you hear about Tom? He left his beautiful wife and married his ugly secretary.

8. She has a nice figure. = good body

9.  He makes 6 figures.

10. in case
You should bring your umbrella, just in case.
You should take your umbrella, just in case.

11. Has anyone come up with a good idea?



No comments:

Post a Comment